How to treat anti-aging skin?
How to treat anti-aging skin?
Since the last decade, the skin and beauty care industry has witnessed a rise in anti-ageing treatments. Many products are prevailing in the market that manage the emerging needs of "no filter needed picture" to hide the aging flaws. What's fascinating is that the audience group for such products is millennials, who have started caring about their skin in their early 20s.
How is aging hitting you?
The blue light from your phone screen & laptops, unhealthy eating habits, and inefficacious lifestyle are the factors that affect your skin & overall health. Therefore, it has become essential to begin a regimen with the best ingredients for anti aging to look youthful and happy.
What is the right time to indulge anti-aging products in your skincare regimen?
As you age, your skin loses its youthfulness, the collagen breaks down and your skin loses its natural reserves of hyaluronic acid resulting in dry, dull and lax skin. According to beauty & skincare experts, one should begin with the best anti-aging ingredients infused products in the late 20s or early 30s to push off wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, under-eye dark circles etc.
Using anti- aging products at the right time will help delay the premature signs of aging. But if you already have those tiny fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, puffy eyes, etc., they will go off slowly or may not even go completely. So, it's better to start early to give extra protection to your skin than to delay & regret it.
What are the best ingredients for anti-aging?
Indulging in top anti aging ingredients helps to keep your skin more youthful. You must be patient though, as it will take time to deliver results. Have a look at the ingredients:
Retinoids like retinol are one of those spectacular skin-care ingredients that deliver anti-ageing benefits. All retinoids are derivatives of vitamin A that occur naturally.
When you eat vitamin A enriched foods like milk, eggs, broccoli, carrots etc, the preforms & provitamins of vitamin A come into an active form that benefits the skin.
Using topical retinoids treatment quickens the skin cell turnover process (skin cell shedding process), thereby keeping a hold on skin issues like fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, acne & dark spots. Skin experts also think that retinol is among the best ingredients for anti aging that boosts collagen production & diminishes the aging signs.
- Speeds up & stimulate cell turnover
- Improves the collagen production
- Smooth skin texture
- Younger-looking skin
- Diminishes wrinkle & fine lines
- Counters discolouration
- Lightens minor marks & freckles
The most loved ingredient in skincare products nowadays. It acts as an active ingredient in skincare products. It has antioxidant properties that counteract & shield against free radical damage. It is touted among various best anti wrinkle ingredients. It is a tricky ingredient to use but if used in the right way, shows amazing results. It is sensitive to light, which is why it is always advised by skin experts to buy vitamin C products that are in airless and opaque packaging.
If the product with this ingredient is exposed to high temperatures will get oxidized, leading to quality degradation & inefficiency. Along with vitamin C skincare products, start consuming foods enriched with it like bell peppers, strawberries, oranges, lemons, etc., as they will also help build collagen.
Why vitamin C?
- Neutralizes free radicals damage
- Complements the effect of sunscreen
- Reduces wrinkles
- Lightens dark spots
- Preserves collagen fibers
- Prevents damage to the skin's supportive structure
This contemporary water soluble ingredient is a derivative of vitamin B3. It promises to fight against free radical damage, brighten the dark spots, and control acne.
The goodness of antioxidants in it will repair the skin cells. It is efficient in treating acne, pigmentation, rosacea and wrinkles. It hydrates the skin & prevents evaporation of moisture from the skin into the environment. The anti-inflammatory properties help to calm irritated skin.
- Tackles acne, rosacea & other inflammatory skin conditions
- Effective against pigmentation, fine lines & wrinkles
- Repairs damaged DNA
- Restores cellular energy
- Reduces immunosuppressive effects of sun-induced UV rays
- Fights off internal & external stressors
- Brightens the skin
- Hyaluronic Acid
A trendy humectant that has the potential to draw water molecules into the skin. It is a compound naturally present in your skin but depletes as you age. This naturally forming molecule is found almost in every fluid & tissue in your body, like in the eyes, skin & joints.
It keeps skin hydrated, moisturized, fuller & plumper. It stimulates the migration of epidermal skin cells and protects the skin from UV radiation. It has become a mainstay of anti-aging skincare products for people today.
Why hyaluronic acid?
- Binds water to skin cells
- Infuses rejuvenating moisture in skin layers
- Fortifies skin's natural barriers
- Increases resilience
- Tighter skin tone
- Smoother skin texture
- Less visible fine lines & wrinkles
- Treats dark spots
Suppose you are asking what ingredients are best for anti aging and skip ceramides in your list, then you'll surely regret it. They are one of the significant lipids of your skin, accompanied by fatty acids & cholesterol. They are found in larger quantities (50%) in the skin.
If your skin has begun to sag, it's an indication that your skin is not forming ceramides.
- Holds cell present in the epidermis
- Maintains the knits of the intercellular matrix
- Prevents transepidermal water loss
- Balances skin moisturization
- Prevents acne breakout
- Improves skin barrier function
- Reduce skin inflammation
- Rejuvenates aging skin
- Vitamin E
A powerful ingredient that safeguards the skin against damage that may lead to fine lines & wrinkles. This vitamin has the potential to neutralize the cell-damaging free radicals. These free radicals come into notice when your skin is exposed to external environmental stress, like heat, UV rays, sunlight, pollution, dust etc. These free radicals are the culprits behind skin cell damage, premature aging and the appearance of brown spots, wrinkles etc.
The antioxidants in vitamin E rejuvenate the skin, heal wounds and strengthen the skin barrier.
Why Vitamin E?
- Calms dehydrated & sensitive skin
- Quicks healing power on damaged tissue
- Reverses the effects of wrinkles & brown spots
- Prevents oxidative stress
- Increases collagen production
Follow the tips today to keep your skin look youthful always
Do you know your skin is a living organism & changes over a period? It is true! So, it would be best if you accommodated a few changes in your skincare routine to keep your skin sane, healthy and youthful.
- Grab a gentle face wash for your skin
- Use a lighter hand in circular motions on your skin while cleansing
- Using toner with calming & low pH cleanser is unnecessary
- Avoid physical exfoliants like scrubs made with beads or sugar scrubs as they can make your aging skin saggier
- Indulge retinoids as they will build & strengthen collagen that will keep the skin smooth & lifted
- Switch to moisturizer-based sunscreens & avoid alcohol-mixed sprays & gels as they dry out the skin
- Pat on anti-ageing serums that have retinoids, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid as they are potent shields to defeat environmental oxidative stress
- Go for a richer moisturizer that binds water (humectants) like glycerin, honey, AHA, sorbitol etc
- Keep a watch on what you eat to nourish your body. Avoid alcohol, high sugar & white carbohydrates as they fasten up aging
Following lifestyle practices to improve the appearance of skin and prevent premature skin aging:
- Wear an SPF of at least 30 every day and avoid the sun
- Refrain from tanning beds or other indoor tanning equipment
- Quit smoking and alcohol
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions, such as squinting — sunglasses can help
- Physical exercises and healthy balanced diet
- Cleanse the skin twice a day, gently, without scrubbing
- Avoid skin care products that sting or burn
Why Nourish Mantra?
Nourish Mantra offers a range of anti-aging products that fight those pesky free radicals, actively stimulate collagen production in the skin and keep skin hydrated & moisturized without hindering the skin's pH levels.
The amalgamation of scientifically based & naturally powered ingredients fades your early signs of aging & makes you look youthful.
What's the best ingredient for wrinkles?
Got wrinkles? These skin folds look annoying and should be treated with scientifically backed ingredients like retinoids, vitamin C, AHAs, coenzyme Q10, peptides, green tea extracts, grape seed extracts, niacinamide, glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid and lactic acid.
When can you expect visible changes from an anti-aging product?
This depends on your age, skin type & conditions. You may notice immediate effects like a reduction in fine lines and the skin feeling nourished, moisturized & smooth. To work them to their full potential, apply them regularly without a miss.
Why does skin get older?
With your growing age, different skin processes bring into notice changes in its appearance, structure & activity. There are various reasons for your aging, but you may not diagnose the most prominent factors that lead to visible signs of aging.
Changes in the skin, like reduction in cellular activity, lower epidermal turnover, low collagen production and free radicals caused by UV exposure, further damage the skin. These changes may result in a lack of moisture & elasticity, pigmentation, dark spots, the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and under-eye dark circles.
Do you know vital vitamins for your skin?
Vitamins nurture your skin in the best possible manner. It boosts the skin metabolism to keep it healthy & vibrant. Vitamin C, E, and Pro vitamin B5 work exceptionally well for your skin.