Know the best hair oil according to your hair type and concerns
Know the best hair oil according to your hair type and concerns
Anyone applying hair oil knows a thin line between greasy and shiny hair. To beat the hair woes like moisturizing dry hair, hydrating dry scalp, taming frizziness, and detangling hair knots, hair oil plays important role. Still, the question arises: why use hair oil, and which is the best hair oil for your hair type? Let's know the answer.
Why use hair oil?
Your hair is exposed daily to environmental aggressors like harsh weather, pollution, dust, chemicals, and UV rays, which damage the hair, makes them dry, lead to scalp flakes and cause split ends. Even though your scalp can produce oil or sebum naturally, it may be inadequate to nourish and moisturize your whole hair length. Using hair oil prepends a protective layer on the hair strands and protects the hair from the heat tool or the sun's rays. Putting oil in hair is a lubricant, making it super easy to keep hair tangle free and lessen the chances of frequent hair tangles. Using natural hair oils for your hair has abundant fatty acids and antioxidants that replenish the lipid layer on the scalp. It serves as a sealant to smooth down the cuticles. It adds a light bounce to your dull and lifeless hair. It fixes the flyaway hair and makes the appearance of hair healthier.
Do you know the best hair oil for your hair type and concerns?There are two types of hair oil:
- Essential oils that are obtained from the plants
- Carrier oils that used to dilute essential oils
You know that hair oil is good for hair, but it is crucial to understand which type of oil works for your hair type and its associated concerns. The oils are further divided into sealing oil and moisturizing oils. Sealing oils fetch moisture from water or conditioner and pack it in your hair; moisturizing oils have smaller molecules that penetrate your scalp and moisturize your hair. To categorize hair oil based on heavy or light consistency for your hair type and concern depends on the curl pattern, hair density, and porosity.
1. Best hair oils for way hair
- This hair type is less dry than curly hair.
- Lighter hair oil works exceptionally well by locking in moisture and weighing down your hair.
Recommended hair oils: jojoba oil and sweet almond oil
2. Best hair oils for curly hair
- This hair type lacks moisture and dries out frequently.
- Heavier hair oils used in small quantities will seal the much-needed moisture.
Recommended hair oils: avocado oil and olive oil
3. Best hair oils for oily hair
- This hair type has tight curls that constantly tussle to absorb moisture, making it more prone to hair breakage.
- The dense texture of this hair type needs heavier oils that absorb and hold in moisture.
Recommended hair oils: Jamaican black castor oil, olive oil, and avocado oil
4. Best hair oils for low porosity
- This hair problem arises when your hair does not absorb water and treatments.
- Lighter oils with small molecular structures easily penetrate the hair shaft, infusing much-needed moisture.
Recommended hair oils: argan oil, jojoba oil, and grapeseed oil
5. Best hair oils for high-porosity hair
- This hair problem comes to notice when the hair cuticles have large gaps allowing moisture to enter harmoniously; however, your hair cannot retain the moisture that can penetrate the hair fiber.
- Go for hair oils that are heavier, unable to retain moisture, and nourish your scalp.
Recommended hair oils: coconut oil, castor oil, and olive oil
6. Best hair oils for thin hair/ low density
- This hair problem occurs when the number of hair strands you have per square inch on your scalp is less.
Recommended hair oils: jojoba oil and sweet almond oil
7. Best hair oils for thick hair/ high density
- This hair problem occurs when the number of hair strands you have per square inch on your scalp is more.
Recommended hair oils: coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil
8. Best hair oils for frizzy hair
- This hair problem arises when an individual's hair fibers run in different directions.
- A rough and dry feel is attached to this type of hair problem.
Recommended hair oils: avocado oil
9. Best hair oils for oily hair and scalp
- Oily scalp and hair are the results of overactive sebaceous glands.
- Straight hair type is especially prone to having oily scalp and hair as it doesn't have any texture; that's why oil glides straight in the hair shaft and collects all over your head.
Recommended hair oils: rosemary oil, ylang-ylang oil, and lavender oil
10. Best hair oil for dry hair
- It is said to be dry when your hair lacks moisture and oil and loses its natural radiance and texture.
- Lack of natural lubrication leads to dry scalp peeling and shedding, leading to dandruff flakes.
Recommended hair oils: coconut oil, almond oil, grapeseed oil, argan oil, and jojoba oil
11. Best hair oil for all hair types
- Needs deeper nourishment to replenish moisture in hair shafts and keep the scalp healthy.
Recommended hair oils: coconut oil, lemongrass oil, and lavender oil
12. Best hair oil for color-treated hair
- Color treatments may leave your hair dry, brittle, and damaged.
- It is necessary to retain moisture in color-treated hair to make it look shiny and healthy.
Recommended hair oil: almond oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, and castor oil
13. Best hair oil for hair growth
- Hair grows from the follicles or roots that are present beneath the skin. It is fed by blood vessels at the base of the follicle, giving proper nourishment to grow.
Recommended hair oils: coconut oil, almond oil, argan oil, grapeseed oil, cedarwood oil, lavender oil, and lemongrass oil are the best oil for hair growth.
- Hair fall is when there is excessive hair loss from the scalp.
- The interrupted balance between the natural balance of hair falling out and growing in calls for proper nourishment for the scalp and hair.
Recommended hair oils: olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, and argan oil
How to use hair oil?
Now that you which hair oil to use, here is a simple way to incorporate hair oil into your hair care routine:
1. Apply once a week without a miss!
According to experts, oiling your hair once a week is sufficient. Oiling your hair is also dependent on the level of dryness in your hair. If you wash your hair frequently or have naturally dry hair and scalp, then using hair oil overnight is best for feeding extra moisture to your mane.
2. Blend essential oil with carrier oil always
Every essential oil should be paired with carrier oil to avoid scalp irritation. And if you apply essential oil alone, then don't leave it for too long as they are highly concentrated and should not be left on the scalp for a longer period of time. If you want to lose it alone, then apply it 20-30 minutes before doing shampoo to take benefits from its restorative properties.
3. A correct way is a key
Take a few drops of oil in your palm and massage it through your strands first. Then add a couple of oil drops and massage it on your scalp.
This is the correct way to apply oil and don't do vice versa to avoid pores from clogging.
Benefits of using hair oil
You need to be consistent with hair oiling to reap the maximum benefits of it. It seeps deep into the scalp and strengthens the hair roots, making the hair stronger, healthier, and shinier. Here are some of the benefits of using hair oil:
Gives your thirsty scalp a splurge of hydration
The constant outdoor exposure quenches hydration from your scalp and hair, which begins the hair problems like dry hair, dandruff-prone scalp, and excessive hair fall. A one-stop solution to this is regular hair oiling. Applying oil once or twice a week before washing your hair will level up the hydration in your dull, dry, and lifeless hair locks and soothe your scaly & irritated scalp. This makes it one of the most crucial benefits of oiling your hair.
1. A hassle-free way to happy hair growth and good hair days
You won't regret oiling your hair when you see its tremendous result. That new baby hair grows to bring immense pleasure to your heart and sparkle in your eyes. It is one of the hair oil uses that boosts blood circulation in the scalp, thereby boosting hair growth. You need to consistently give a 'pampering me oiling session' to your hair and scalp to feed in proper nourishment and ensure that an adequate amount of nutrients reaches the scalp.
2. Who doesn't want stronger and healthier hair?
Apart from boosting hydration to your scalp and encouraging hair growth, hair oiling is crucial in strengthening your hair from roots to ends. It delivers requisite minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients to the scalp and hair. It also focuses on preventing the external damage caused to the hair, thereby strengthening each hair strand and making it healthier.
3. Relieves that urge to scratch those irritating dandruff flakes
One of the most common issues that everyone faces at any point in time in their life is dandruff and studies say that 50% of the population is affected by this problem. However, one of the simplest ways to eliminate those pesky dandruff flakes is by oiling your hair. Yes! You read it right. Usually, a dry scalp leads to dandruff and hair breakage. You can get rid of it by using hair oil.
Flip and flaunt that shiny hair
Most of you feel that celeb kind of radiant hair is missing. However, you can also achieve those shiny and lustrous hair locks by oiling your hair regularly. Dullness in hair may have come due to various hair issues, but delivering nourishment from oil to your scalp and hair provides long-lasting shine and glow to your hair.
What does Nourish Mantra offer?
Nourish Mantra offers the best natural oil for hair, Cosmic Sutra Hair Oil. It is a unique and phenomenal concoction of ayurvedic oil packed in a bottle to give you a comprehensive solution to beat hair concerns. It is a time-tested goodness and the best oil for hair fall. Each drop is enriched with the indulgence that nature has to offer. It is a calming therapy for your stressed tresses wrapped in a kiss of great health and conditioning. The great blend of olive oil, sesame seed oil, coconut oil, moringa oil, argan oil, Gotu kola oil, bhringraj oil, and ashwagandha oil knocks out scalp & hair dryness, reduces hair fall and gives you thick and voluminous hair. It is suitable for all hair types.
Get to know what each oil in Cosmic Sutra Hair Oil does for your hair
1. Olive Oil
A powerhouse of antioxidants and enriched with vitamin E olive oil is lightweight and comprises oleic acid that quickly penetrates into the hair shaft and seals in moisture. This nutritionally dense oil is a one-stop ailment for most of your hair woes. It nourishes the scalp & hair follicles, promotes hair growth, reduces inflammation & dandruff, and reduces hair loss.
2. Sesame Seed Oil
The antimicrobial properties of this medicinal oil are a great solution for scalp and fungal infections. It has a high amount of omega-6 fatty acids which are essential for hair growth. It also has phytosterols, a compound that restricts the action of hormones that leads to hair loss. It is highly penetrative and heals internal damage by infusing deeper nourishment.
3. Coconut Oil
This oil has been used for ages, it fortifies the scalp and hair with much-needed nourishment and moisture. This oil works as a natural conditioner with a richness of vitamin E and antioxidants that effectively repairs damaged hair. It penetrates the hair follicles, stimulates hair growth, and moisturizes the scalp & hair. You'll get soft hair which prevents hair breakage and split ends.
4. Moringa Oil
This oil from the ‘Miracle Tree’ is filled with 90 nutrients, antioxidants, and behenic acid in moringa oil enriching your hair multifariously. The amount of zinc in this oil increases keratin production to reduce the deficiency as you age. With omega-3 fatty acids, this oil will hydrate the scalp to nourish hair from the inside out.
5. Argan Oil
A top-notch hair oil ingredient that you might have heard of but has an amazing history. The antioxidants in this oil repair damaged hair. It also hydrates, moisturizes, and nourishes the hair shaft deeply. It is also known as liquid gold which is enriched with vitamin E and F that repairs damaged hair while making it lustrous.
6. Gotu Kola Oil
This oil is extracted from the 'herb of longevity'. It promotes faster hair growth by enhancing blood circulation to the scalp. This is important because the blood vessels that are present surrounding the hair follicles supply them with nutrition. Gotu kola stimulates blood flow to the scalp, which aids in hair development.
7. Bhringraj Oil
Among the various ingredients for hair oil, bhringraj oil holds great significance in Ayurveda and medical science. The high content of iron, vitamin E, magnesium, steroids, calcium, polypeptides, and vitamin D in this oil offers stupendous benefits. It deeply penetrates the scalp and treats dryness. It relieves itchiness and greasiness caused due to dandruff thereby reducing it. It strengthens the hair follicles and prevents baldness. It aids in relaxing the mind and prevents stress-induced hair fall.
8. Ashwagandha Oil
The oil aids in a visible decrease in hair loss, by strengthening the hair follicles. It enhances the general health of your hair follicles due to its potent anti-inflammatory properties. It improves the overall health of hair and scalp.
1. What are the effects of not applying oil to hair?
There are multiple ill effects of not applying hair oil:
- Dry hair
- Hair fall
- Hair breakage
- Itchy scalp
2. How to apply hair oil?
- Take a generous amount of the oil onto your palm and apply it from root to tip.
- Massage your scalp and leave it in for 30 minutes or overnight before washing your hair.