Remember those faces in advertisements with cucumber slices on eyes and face packs? Well, it turns out that they were there for more than just the aesthetics. It was due to cucumber’s natural benefits. They are an excellent ingredient for your skin which is why it is found in many skincare products. Today let’s look at the various benefits of cucumber as a cleansing agent, especially in cucumber facial cleanser and cucumber face wash.
However, let’s differentiate between a cleanser and a face wash before that.
What’s the difference between a cleanser and a face wash?
Both the cleanser and face wash essentially do the same job; there is just a subtle difference. A face cleanser purifies, hydrates, and soothes your skin, whereas a face wash deeply cleanses the pores. The texture of a cleanser is creamy, milky, gel-like, or even watery, whereas a face wash is more on the foamy side.
Even though the terms are sometimes used interchangeably, they can be differentiated by checking the product’s texture.
Now, how will you know which one is for you? It’s really simple.
If your skin is more on the dry side, then use a face cleanser as it will effectively moisturize your skin barrier. Look for moisturizers with ingredients like hyaluronic acid or glycerin to keep the skin healthy and hydrated.
Whereas if your skin is oily or acne-prone, then go for foamy face washes. These will keep your pores clean and remove the oil, dirt, and impurities causing excessive sebum production.
Now with a clear difference between a face cleanser and a face wash, let’s come back to the star of this blog, cucumber. We can find cucumbers everywhere, from our salads to our skincare products. That alone says a lot of its beneficial effects, but today we will understand them more thoroughly, especially as a cleanser.
So, let’s jump in!
Benefits of cucumber face wash and cleansers
- Reduces swelling and puffiness: Studies have shown the ability of cucumber to reduce swelling and puffiness. This is a fantastic hack when you’re running low on sleep and have dark, puffy circles under your eyes.
- Refreshes the skin: The best cucumber face wash and cleansers have refreshing qualities and are excellent for an early morning wake-up call.
- Helps acne-prone skin: Dead skin cells, especially on oily skin, tend to clog pores, triggering acne breakouts. As cucumbers are mildly astringent, they cleanse the skin better and tighten the pores which in turn is likely to reduce acne breakouts.
- Aids combatting premature aging: According to a 2011 study, antioxidant elements in cucumbers may make for potentially helpful anti-wrinkle ingredients. vitamin C and folic acid present in cucumbers may aid the skin to look firmer and healthier. Vitamin C can stimulate new cell growth; folic acid, on the other helps fight environmental toxins that make your skin look tired or prematurely aged.
- Soothes Irritation: Cucumbers are 96% water, giving an excellent cooling and anti-inflammatory effect, which may help in redness or irritation caused by sunburns, insect bites, and rashes.
Well, aren’t these too many benefits for an ingredient so easily found? Additionally, these benefits increase manifold when fused with ingredients like aloe vera, mint, and other natural ingredients. So, check out the Cucumber & Mint Upvan Facial Cleanser by Nourish Mantra.
Now, without further ado, include cucumber cleansers and face wash in your daily skincare routine.